Re: I am Content

>Hi Mark!
>
>Well, I drove up to Oshkosh last night (75 miles) and spent the night with
>Tommy since he is working all weekend again (at last, somebody with a work
>ethic!) and we wanted to spend some time together <ahem> before I leave for
>NYC. It was lovely, he took me to the Hilton where we ordered room service
>and a great time was had by all.........
>
>Tom loves buying me Kink cds, yesterday he gave me "Misfits" and "Schoolboys"
>(both of which I have on vinyl, but not cd) I gave him "Shangri-la, A Tribute
>to The Kinks" and some Clash stuff, and he's borrowing my copy of the new
>Oasis cd (mine was an advance copy, nyah, nyah!) and "Pure Rock Theatre".
>Hopefully I'll find another copy of PRT in NYC!! Now I'm taping "Preservation
>Act One" (and Two) for him.
>
>I got the Isle of Wight cd from Mad City Music -- the one called "Message to
>Love" that is a comp of all the performers. The Who do "Young Man Blues" and
>"Naked Eye". Would you like me to tape it for you?
>
>How's your weather? Poor easterners don't know how to deal with all their
>snow!!

Sweet Pamela:

I'm glad that you're feeling great. I knew about the Kinks CDs; they are two
of my favorites. I suppose you mean an Oasis newer than DEFINITELY MAYBE.
I ordered The Who Isle Of Wight concert disk, but alas it has yet to be
released. I WILL get it, whenever it comes. I got PRT from my agent for
Xmas, so I know how great that one is. I would have sent it to Tom this time
around, except he said he was getting it from you.
The weather? (are you sure you want to know?) It's going to be 63 and clear
tomorrow. Of course, we never got any snow. This is the South, darlin'. It's
only cold here a month or two, and we're talking about the kind of cold that
is no big deal...what you get in October up there. So it's short sleeves for
me tomorrow...a real shame that I rarely get to use my leather jacket.
Otherwise, life goes on...as you might have noticed, WF has challenged me
again. My memory MIGHT be going (but if so, I can't recall) but I do
remember how QUAD was received when it was released. Jeez! It's only the
album of my life!!! (not literally, of course)
So I hope you stay happy and that soon we shall meet. Although it is
beginning to look as if the Whofest has been put back to August. Ah,
well...I STILL have the Kinksfest in April. Perhaps you two could trot down
for that. Or just come for a vacation. My doors are always open for you.

           Cheers                         ML