Re: Keith Moon biography

I'm a British-born journalist and author embarking on a project that has been
close to my heart for many years and which I am excited to finally be getting
to embark on: a biography of the late, great Keith Moon. Hopefully you will
all agree that his life story deserves to be told, and in a manner that will
do him justice.
I'm going to be spending most of this year travelling and doing interviews
for the book. I have a lot of contacts, within and outside of The Who
organisation, and most people approached have been extremely keen on the
idea. I'm posting this in the hope that there might be some people on the Who
mailing list  who knew Keith themselves while he was alive, or have a first
hand story to tell.  Please don't pass on mere rumours of anything: I only
want to hear from people who can substantiate what they're saying.

Without going into too much boring detail about myself, I've been reporting
about music for many years, both in the UK and USA, for various magazines and
television shows. I have had two books published, one on the UK cult band
Echo And The Bunnymen, the other on R.E.M. That book is called Remarks, was
published by Omnibus in the UK, by bantam (initially) in the USA; it was the
first book on the band and is still readily available. The Keith Moon
biography is something of a labour of love; I think it could be fantastic.
I've been reading the various comments about Dave Marsh's bio and realize
that people have their own perceptions about The Who and what the group means
to them. Bear in mind then that this is a bio of Moon I'm embarking on, not
The Who. I think Keith's life story transcends The Who. I hope you agree.

Thanks in advance to all of you,
Tony Fletcher