Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 11

From: WFang01@aol.com
 Sun Dec  7 13:17:06 PST 1997
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 08:07:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Getting it all together

>>Townshend's second-guessing the music destroyed Lifehouse and nearly
>>eliminated QUAD. A bit after the period you're talking about, but that's what
>>I meant. We really don't know if this happened earlier.

:I think you have Pete confused with the Robot from Lost In Space! If I were
:Pete or the record companies, I wouldn't be "ashamed" of the successes of
:"Who's Next" and "Quadrophenia".

**********friday morning snowstorm (ALEX, VA)********************

hey- i dont mean to out-fang you (nor would i even consider myself capable
of doing so)
but i get the feeling that when pete thinks of WN or QUAD, he focuses only on
a. what a disaster LH had become (to him, not me!) (here, glyns, clean this
shit up!)_
b. what an ordeal Q had been thru-out- Battersea, moonie, the stage shows,
the commercial disappointment- this compounded exponetially the
rage/bitterness he felt when ICSFM

loved the robby the robot ref- WARNING WARNING will...penny...

BTW, christian, i had no idea JAE was playing the bayou 2.2- i'll be there!