Everybody's gone surfin'

Someone on the list mentioned Beach Boys influences on the Who
records. I've been a fan of both groups since the late 60's and there's
something there. The Who's energy level has, of course, been
unreachable by any of the bands of the 60's or 70's. But the Who and
the Beach Boys have a lot in common as comes to the feeling and
sonic qualities. I've often considered the Who as supercharged Beach
Boys (or Jan and Dean). Dennis Wilson and Keith Moon ARE drumming in
the same band...

By the way, I know that some of you might have tried this before, but
I just taped all Entwistle's compositions from the Who CD's. They do
make a fine collection of songs.

Has anybody counted how many guitars Townshend smashed to pieces (in
concerts, rehearsals, TV appearances etc.)?

Greetings from Hel(l)sinki,
Robert