Re: The Jam

> Someone mentioned the Jam covering two Who songs and I saw the CD which
> contains both in a store today, but:
>
> who the hell are the Jam?  What kind of music do they play, and is the CD
> worth $10?
Ahhhh......

The Jam were a Mod type band who were out during the first English Punk movement
of 1976.  They quickly moved beyond a Who wannabe to really have their own
style, and then went into this smaltzy Motown crap.  But for three, arguably
four albums, they could do little wrong. I saw 'em live in 1980, right after
the release of Setting Sons, their fourth album.  Very good.

Worth buying:  In The City, This is the Modern World, All Mod Cons.

Or, do the compilation thing and get Snap,either on cassette or CD. The cassette
has more songs, dunno which...

Jeff