Re: Getting it all together

WF-
Your bringing up the the following:
>you may be interested to know, that "the producers" >unanimously wanted
"Leeds" to be 2 CDs. However, Pete and >MCA shot it down. Guess who won???
sheds a lot more light on the issue than the informed bantering has.
It seems that a lot of the people on this list have very limited (and
idealistic) conceptions of how the remastering project should be handled.
 Given the nature of the Who and MCA, it ain't gonna happen the way we want.
 Let's not lose sight of the fact that at least it is getting better, tons
better. I had lost hope that these albums would ever be remastered, given how
long it took them. A few good questions about what they are doing and what
resources they have available could shed a lot of light on the subject.

Regarding the involvement of Astley and Charlesworth in this mailing list, I
would rather see people draft up questions to send them than have them have
to read this crap ever day, as many of us are driven to do by some strange
compulsion.

In other news, have the stereo master tapes for A Quick One shown up?

thanks,
scott s.