Let's See Action

I'd see Entwistle if he were coming to SF, PDX, or SEA, but he's not so I
can't.

Re:  5 CD set.  I don't have the numbers on large CD sets.  S'spect the
Zep one sold quite quite well..    I'd want very early live stuff,
a tich of 68,69-70, , a fair dollop of 73/74, and a good chunk from
'76 since I think they played damned fine live then too..... Should
easily fill 5 CDs yet the choices not too broad.  Don't need the LAL
stuff except all of TOMMY.  After that the stress is off and they can
choose what they need.  They need to get one good live Tommy set, and
I'm not ultra-hungup on whether it's cut an pasted, as long as it sounds
continuous.  The "sound" from Woodstock is different to Leeds is different
to IOW is different from Tanglewood is different from the (Lyceum/Coliseum?).
So that may limit how much cut and paste would be proficient.  A full,
clean Quadrophenia live would be appropriate if such a thing can be found.

Remember the Zep live was perhaps less than the optimal performance(s)
and Kiss alive (O.K. O.K. but it sold like hotcakes!) was kinda crappy
sounding, so I wouldn't get ultra hung up on that.  For my money I'll
take performance over mix, but a modest quality will go a long way I think.

So, I guess what I'm saying is there doesn't need to be a lot of pidgeonholing
on the cuts.  I'd of course take 'em all, but if a 5 CD set were compiled, or
a 4 or 3 or 2, chances are I'd listen to it a whole lot more than everything
else.  That's just the practial reality of it, in my mind.

To me the ultimate CD woulda been a complete Live at Leeds.  But then, See Me
Feel me bit is not their damnably best version.  SO I'd hafta hear the whole
thing and other versions before embarking on a reconstruction.
Mark and Mr. Fang live in that zone (having heard most of the live tapes
out and about) so they know more about what versions would go over.
And the King Biscuit live
Quadrophenia doesn't sound so good to me in hearing it more recently. Guitar
sounds kinda wanky.  Maybe there are better performances out there.....

It does beg getting all the live tapes under one roof.  And all the studio
masters as well, for that matter.... I realize that there are tremendous
limitations to doing that, but if a dumpsterized tape can show up on a goddamm
album, well, just about anything's possible.

I ask once again, what are the sales figures on all the Who rereleases?

Jeff