Re: Pete's guitar playing in 79 & 82

>I know the players. Chris told me that he didn't even have time to listen to
>music at home, due to kids and all... This isn't his full time job, he's an
>editor & chief of Omni-Bus Press. Jon Astley mixes other artists too (ie he
>did the Eric Clapton Rainbow remix). Even not knowing the players, think
>about what THEY would be walking into if they came "on-line". All they would
>be doing is "defending" their positions and I don't think that would
>"encourage" them to come back for more!

The only reason we (it's just me, really) are ranting about them is their
reported attitude...being overwhelmed as you say. I'm tempted to ask if they
want a little cheese with that whine. But sure, I'm too harsh...I just want
them to do a proper job. Now Astley should have his plate clear before
taking on a job like this...which pays, as would the Clapton remix.
Charlesworth should be employed by The Who Group (or MCA, or whoever) to do
this job, which would also clear his plate.
Anyway, no one would be ranting if they weren't whining. Besides, even you
complained heavily about A QUICK ONE. So why can't I?

>Do you have a GIF reader? I'll e-mail you a
>picture of them with me at the Who Fest!

I have a DOS viewer that might do the job. Thanks!

>"A cush job"??? Mark, do you or I really know what they or anyone else is
>being paid or what their other responsibilities in life are??? It's all not
>that simple. AND... I can tell you this from a first hand perspective from my
>involvement with the JAE tour. EVERYONE is working their butts off! I'm not
>complaining one bit, but my wife and I have been working around the clock
>(including full time jobs) to help out. Trust me, there's a LOT of work that
>goes into everything. I can't speak for them, and yes, I'd love the job, but
>don't make it sound like it's so easy. It's not.

It would be a cush job to ME, anyway...apparently to you, too. I didn't say
it wasn't WORK, but that doesn't change a thing. I know what's involved in a
tour; remember that I've been on the front line. It involved my entire
life...I was fortunate to snatch any sleep during the tour.
In other words, I know that it's a lot of work but hard work wouldn'd scare
me. Especially as it would be work I love. I'll do this: let me do Chris's
job for one week, and we'll see the results. Let me wade through the tapes.
I wouldn't hate it, I wouldn't be overwhelmed, I wouldn't complain, and I
have some idea what the people want (and would be willing to listen).

                         Cheers                        ML