Boots: Pure Rock Theater, Rough Actions

These boots have probably already been discussed, but I've had trouble
staying subscribed to the list lately.  Any help would be appreciated.

Pure Rock Theater:  Is this a compilation of the mysterious Fall '69 US
tour tapes?  I've been told (thanks Jeff) some of the material may be on
Who Is Tommy, which already have.  Any comments on this one?

Rough Actions:  this is a 2CD set from COBO HALL (argh!) 1973.  I took a
quick glance at the set list and it does look legitimate.

My opinion on bootleg ratings is that you have to consider how rabid the
individual fan is, and how many bootlegs are circulating for that band.
For example, Deadheads are notoriously extremely picky about sound quality
because there are so many great quality tapes, many soundboards, floating
around.  Led Zep, Dylan and Pink Floyd also have a large number of great
bootlegs.

Who fans haven't been as lucky.  There are a handful of excellent boots
available (the demos, Amsterdam, Largo, Fillmore) but if you want to really
collect a lot of shows you're stuck with terrible audience tapes.

Joe Grimes  ***   jgg@one.net   ***   Cincinnati, Ohio