Re: Pete's guitar playing in 79 & 82

Ian, re:

>I don't believe so.  Obviously Daltrey is singing an octave lower (or near
>it) on the alternative vocal, but his voice doesn't have the rough edge that

>had begun to appear in '71.  So just like with Too Much of Anything I would
think it's just a alternate take.

I dunno about that either... It seems that Daltrey began singing well
beginning somewhere during the "Tommy" tour. Listen to the vocal of the "new"
"See Me, Feel Me" (from Leeds) on the box set. That's the Daltrey we all know
and love and so is this vocal, which I prefer, but is out of place with the
rest of the album.

One thing I'd like to see happen (but probably never will) is for Pete, Roger
and John to record new vocals for the "Tommy Soundtrack" ablum to replace
everyone else on there. THAT would make an interesting "Tommy"...

wf