Re: substitute

Mike, re:

>hi re substitute:
>
>1. where would one find the the studio version?

For imports, "The Who Singles", "The Who Collection". Domestically, "Meaty
Beaty..."

>2. what differences (if any) exist between the three single versions
>released in 65-66?

"3 single versions"??? Forgeting about "b" sides (that's a whole other
matter), there were 2 versions released in '66. The regular studio version,
(sold world-wide as a single, 'cept in the USA and possiblly Canada) and the
USA version, which changed the lyrics from "I Look All White, But My Dad Was
Black" to "I Try Going Forward, But My Feet Walk Back".

So... there you have it!

wf