RE: Dave MarshSun Dec 7 13:17:06 PST 1997

On Tue, 2 Jan 1996 09:43:12 -0800 (PST), Scott Swanson
<swandwn@agora.rdrop.com> wrote:

>Go read the book "Louie Louie."  Marsh takes a simple party tune and
>attempts to turn it into something Moses brought down from a mountaintop.

It is something brought down from God. And an incredible book as well, covering lots of subjects.

Look Townshend ties a lot more to My Generation than Marsh does to LL. Give him a break.

BTW, go back and read Marsh's review of the TKAA film in the 1979 RS it was in if you can find it. His description of what he was seeing was different from what I saw the first time I saw TKAA. After going back and seeing it with his review in mind, I was hooked, and resumed a 5-year dormant love for the Who that has not slaked since then. Thanks Dave. I have spent more money on Who recordings, bootlegs, and concerts than I care to admit.

It's as irrational as his book. I don't care. I love this stuff.