Re: Dave Marsh

>>If you don't like Marsh's writing style, well, that's certainly a valid
>>critcism.
>>As someone who studied print journalism in undergrad, though, I think his
>>writing style is fine. Granted, it's been a while since I've read it.....
>
>Brendon:
>
>I think you've nailed it. As a writer myself, I find Marsh's writing among
>the best in Rock journalism. Whether or not you care for what he's
saying is
>another matter. But his style is very readable, and that IS important if you
>want someone to know about The Who.

Ugh!  The guy could write like freakin' Bill Shakespeare and he'd *still*
be an idiot!

It's not *just* his writing style that annoys so many people.  It's his
self-importance; it's the high horse he climbs on to-- there's nothing
worse than a know-it-all that doesn't know it all!; it's the way he
re-writes history, as if his new interpretation is the new Bible or
something.

Go read the book "Louie Louie."  Marsh takes a simple party tune and
attempts to turn it into something Moses brought down from a mountaintop.

Later,

Scott
(swandwn@agora.rdrop.com)