bootleg ratingsSun Dec 7 13:17:06 PST 1997

The question of which bootlegs to get keeps resurfacing on this list.

It would be really nice (hint hint) if someone (or a group) of folks
would make a push to update the "official" bootleg listing. At a
minimum, the list needs the following:

1) It's out of date and many boots are not listed (e.g., quad demos)
2) The info kept on each disk/lp is inconsistent. Many of entries
   don't even say whether the recording is audience or soundboard.
3) It would be nice to corrolate all the tracks with recording
   dates. This would be particularly nice for demo recordings and such.
4) Of course, a uniform rating system on quality/performance would be
   nice.
5) Name of issuing label, issue number, etc.,

As a point of reference, take a look at the REM boot discography
(http://www.halcyon.com/rem/others/discog.boot).  It's got loads of useful
information and the cross referencing is really nice (e.g., "the same
track listing in better quality is available as ...").

I'd volunteer to do it, but I'm so busy these days I'd never get it
done. :-) We (this list) certainly has the info to update the bootleg
list. What is needed is someone willing to organize the effort and
solicit information from others.

Volunteers?

Thomas