quad: my 2 centsSun Dec 7 13:19:36 PST 1997

It's neat to see how many people feel that passionately about Quad.
I do to.  It's in my top 3 with WN and WBN.
Someone (sorry, i forget who) wrote a heartfelt discription that Quad
was with him through good times and bad times, then appologiezed for
sounding to sappy.  Well, i don't completely understand why, but there
is something about the complete piece.  The songs individually are
great.  But man, when you listen to the who piece...It lifts my spirts,
making me forget the day to day drudgery of work/taxes/government/bad
drivers.  Don't appologize for the album moving you.  That was it's
intent.
Some of the nuances were lost on live performances, some of the keyboard
wizardry.  But The Who made up for that with the energy they put in.  So
the live version is a different beast from the album.  I got to see
Roger and John 2 summers ago (has it been that long!), with the 60 piece
band, and the highlite of that night was when they did Quad from start
to finish.  Unfortunately, they did not do "The Rock" (Hey, it's Roger's
show).  With the band and the orchestra it was magnificent.
Now i'm left to ponder what it would have been like if The Who had used
a full orchestra to present Quad back in the '70's.
It's not necesarily rock and roll, but it would have been beautiful.

I hope Pete can be persuaded not to cut a second out of the album.  I
like the ideas that more should be added.
Who knows, maybe in a year or so they will have increased the capacity
of the cd, so it can fit on one disk.  Until then, i'll pay for 2.
Mike