Quad thoughts

Just my 2 cents -

First a comparison - when Beethoven was alive, he didn't try to compose
symphonies at 74 minutes or less.  Nor would we think about cutting down
Mahler's 1st symphony to fit on one disk.  So why with Quad?

OK - PT is a great composer, but may not be there with the two mentioned
above (only time can tell that - don't flame if its not your taste).  None
the less, at a piece of time in 1973, PT wrote and the who recorded Quad.
Its a great piece - my favorite who piece by a long shot - but it is flawed.
So is most great music.  But that doesn't mean it should be changed, especiallky
for commercial reasons.  And I don't trust PT these days - he is a very
different person than he was at that time.  Just look at the lyric changes he
made for the Broadway Tommy, which ruin it, IMHO.

If they remix it and cut it down, yeah, I'll buy it for the remix, and play it
a few times, but it won't be my reference copy.

My same thoughts about the US version of the CD without the photo book - the
book was an essential part of the package, and it is not the same without it.

Best - Mason