re: Quadrophenia length

>             I have to disagree with you concerning any editing of
>Quadrophenia to make it fit onto one CD.  I think cutting anything
>from this masterpiece would be similar to taking a few inches off one
>of DaVinci's paintings just to make it fit into a frame that looks
>good.  If you took out the sea noises, you would lose a lot of the
>mood that flows through the album.  If MCA does a chop job, I
>definately will not buy their version and I will certainly be one of
>the people writing the hate mail.
>                                   Brad

According to ICE, it is John Astley who is suggesting the chop job, and John
says that Pete is for it.  We actually have MCA to thank this time because
they are resisting the cut of any time from Quadrophenia.  I personally don't
want any time cut from it, but if they do I still have my MFSL Gold cd with
the whole thing with the original mix.

Randy