Re: MCA Re-issues

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Brad Gray wrote:
>           Marshall,
>      I have to disagree with you concerning any editing of
> Quadrophenia to make it fit onto one CD.  I think cutting anything
> from this masterpiece would be similar to taking a few inches off one
> of DaVinci's paintings just to make it fit into a frame that looks
> good.  If you took out the sea noises, you would lose a lot of the
> mood that flows through the album.  If MCA does a chop job, I
> definately will not buy their version and I will certainly be one of
> the people writing the hate mail.
>                                    Brad

I posted this on the newsgroup, but I'll repeat it here:  I think they
should release a CD with all of the songs on it except Love Reign O'er
me, and then release a CD single of LROM with bonus tracks and sell it
for $3-5.  They could even package the 'main' disc in a double-in-one
package, so that people can just put in the LROM single.  That way, the
whole of Quad is continuous, with only one break in it (just as usual,
though in a different spot), as well as cheap (about 17 bucks, the usual
going price for a double LP set squeezed onto a single CD.

--LP.