Hello everybody!!

Hello to everyone on the WHOlist!!!!!!!!

It is I, Marty Secero, just dropping a friendly line to all my friends on the
WHOlist! I'm not currently subscribing to the list, but I can still send
messages out, as well as receive messages via my ID. I'm planning on
purchasing a Home PC after my 5/11/96 wedding, and after that, I will be back
as an active list participant. A quick thank you to my friend and "bro", Gary
Maiullo, for keeping me up to date on the goings-on here on the list.

A few quick news items:

1) Pete Townshend is in the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly (Spring
Preview issue, Julia Roberts on the cover). The 3-page article gives an
overview of the new Tommy CD-ROM, due out in April from Interplay. Its
official title is "Pete Townshend Presents Tommy: The Interactive Adventure".

2) I spoke to the consumer relations group at Atlantic Records yesterday 2/19.
The rep there confirmed that Pete's greatest hits CD will be out on April 23.
The rep also said that there was a "Chinese Eyes" release by Pete coming up,
as well. Could this be a remaster ala "Empty Glass" a few months back?

3) Don't quote me on this, but the rumor is strong that Pete MAY do some live
shows around the time of the greatest hits release. If he does perform, the
tour would be extremely limited, maybe a handful of shows in just a few
cities, like his 1993 tour. Also, if Pete does perform, it will most likely be
a solo acoustic show, maybe he would play some piano (ala the Paramount NYC
9/10/95), maybe he would have some backing tracks to play along with. Again,
nothing is confirmed, but it's a strong possibility. Figure this: with two
projects hitting the streets simultaneously in April, it makes perfect sense.

4) Hope most of you got a chance to see JAE during his club tour. The OX
sounded and played as good as ever, and his backing band served him will. Hats
off to the mighty Steve Luongo, kicking some major ass on the skins!!

Now, onto a different subject....Attention Wes Biggs!!! Attention Wes
Biggs!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I was over my sister's house, browsing the World Wide Web via her
home PC. I pulled up a lot of WHO-related websites, and I must say that the
work put into these sites is quite impressive. Wes Bigg's Hypertext WHO site
is probably my favorite of the bunch. His attention to detail is excellent.
HOWEVER------under "LYRICS", Wes lists lyrics to every WHO song. For the most
part, he's correct. But, my sister printed out the WHO BY NUMBERS lyrics for
me, and I was surprised at the amount of errors I found!!!!!!

Wes, if you're reading this, please update your lyric sets to reflect the
correct lyrics. I'm providing both the wrong and right lyrics below:

"HOWEVER MUCH I BOOZE"
"Suddenly I realize that I'm right now, I'm on the scene" (WRONG)
"Suddenly I realize that I'm writing now more honestly" (RIGHT)
"DREAMING FROM THE WAIST"
"I want to drive, want to fly" (WRONG) "I wanna try, wanna fly" (RIGHT)

"I'm dreaming...but I feel tired and bound" (WRONG)
"I'm dreaming...but I feel tied and bound" (RIGHT)

"Sounds like a priest and then I'm shooting dice, I'm burning tires... (WRONG)
"I drive like a priest and then I'm shooting lights, I'm running tires (RIGHT)

"I've got that numb-to-a-thumb over-dubbed" (WRONG)
"I've got that run-to-a-club, overdub" (right)

IMAGINE A MAN

"Not a child of any revolt" (WRONG) "Not a child of any remote" (right)

"Around you as high as prevention" (WRONG)
"Around you as high as prudential" (RIGHT)

"Imagine a girl, you long for and have" (WRONG)
"Imagine a girl, with long flowing hair" (RIGHT)

SUCCESS STORY

"The automated world can crack" (REALLY REALLY WRONG)
"They ought to make work a crime" (RIGHT)

"Deserted rock and roll to try to save me, so" (WRONG)
"Deserted rock and roll to try to save his soul" (RIGHT)

THEY ARE ALL IN LOVE

"How do you feel goin'up hallowed halls" (WRONG)
"How do you feel when the pollen falls" (RIGHT)

"And the summer clothes brighten gloomy halls" (WRONG)
"And the summer boats brighen gloomy halls" (RIGHT)

BLUE RED AND GREY

"I get a buzz from being cold and wet" (WRONG)
"I get a bath from being cold and wet" (RIGHT)

HOW MANY FRIENDS

"There's a handsome boy..."(WRONG) "As a handsome boy..." (RIGHT)

"He says he likes a man who's dressed in season" (WRONG)
"He says he likes a man to dress in season" (RIGHT)

"But I look a fool now with a cry and I shy out" (WRONG)
"Would I look like a fool now if I try and shy out" (RIGHT)

"But it's nice to find a woman who's keen on living" (WRONG)
"But it's nice to find a woman who will stay on late" (RIGHT)

"And you all sit together to watch the 1 come through" (WRONG)
"And you all sit together to watch the sun come through" (RIGHT)

"People know nothing about their own soft gut" (WRONG)
"If people know nothing about their own socked-up soul, how come they sum us
up..." (I THINK THIS ONE IS RIGHT)

When I was reading these lyrics, I felt as if maybe Wes had a Japanese WHO By
Numbers lyric sheet!! And, Wes, I'm not knocking you: I'm very impressed at
the care and work you put in the Hypertext WHO Web Page. I'm just surprised
that no one else caught the errors sooner.

Anyway, that's enough from me...thanks for listening everybody!! Talk to you
all soon!!

Marty Secero