IOW the Who set video soon

I work at a video facilities company in London. Recently I had to do a
tech review of the digital video master from the Who's set at the Isle
of wight festival. Don't know the release date but 2-3 months seems
possible,maybe it will coincide with the audio cd ?

It's the complete set with a running time of 83 mins (this is the
european version,not sure if the U.S version is the same).

The quality of both the restored picture and sound is very good for the
age of the material, and there is very little in the way of annoying
camera angles and effects that were so much in vogue at that time.

The set is not unlike the LAL one,although it has a few bum notes/broken
drums etc, at one point Pete said (with irony) "why tune up backstage,
when we can tune up on stage"
It has windmills,jumps,tassles,swinging mikes,flying drumsticks and
Keith's intro to Tommy "SHUT UP THIS IS FUCKING SERIOUS!"

My personal opion is that this is one of the Who's finest performance's
although of course you may feel otherwise, so don't take my word on
this.

Changing the subject slightly,Pete townsend has just been on tv talking
about the the Tommy stage show which opens over here next week, he
looked very old and tired. I hope the rumours about him hitting the
bottle again are just rumours and not based on facts.

Brian
--
Brian Metherell