No Subject

> I find it silly how some go out of their way to collect a mono mono mono
mono stereo version of Magic Bus from Thailand.  Why!?!?  What's the purpose
in this?  Instead of spending the tens to hundreds of dollars  on one band,
why not use that money to discover other bands or types of music?

There's a "mono mono mono mono stereo version of Magic Bus"? You want to sell
it? (jk) Personally, I love the studio variations and rarities. To me, it's
like listening to a completely different song, or, it gives some more insight
as to how the song developed, etc. For example, look at all the excitement
over "From Lifehouse To Leeds"--the different versions of the "Who's Next"
songs. According to you, "What's the purpose in all this?" By the same token,
what's the point of the "new mixes" on the "box set" or anything similar?
I've been listening to the stereo mix of "Disguises" since 1983, when I
bought, "Back Track 3". To me, it was the ONLY version of the song. Are you
saying that you like ONLY the first version of any given song released, and
all subsequent "finds" are thus ignored by you? Please give us some insight
to how you see these other versions...

As for "that money", buying Who records and doing other things (including
buying other music) are not mutually exclusive.

-wf