Re: Flash Fearless

-- [ From: Thomas G. Farrell Jr. * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

NP:  Jethro Tull, "Nothing is Easy"  Newport Pop Festival 1969

Dave,
	RE:> Is Flash Fearless essential for my library?

	<shivers of fear> FLASH is for the truly dedicated only, Dave.  In
fact, when I first heard it, I thought, "I didn't know music like this
was possible." Having it will set you apart from the rational Who fan,
and possessing FLASH may disqualify you from future employment
involving operating heavy machinery near or around old people and
school-aged children.  Btw, I paid $23 for my import CD, and haven't
found work operating a wrecking ball since... of course, I never had
*before* buying FLASH either (I'm in Tech Writing/Systems Engineering),
but still I can't help but feel that my dreams of a career as a
bulldozer operator will be tragically unrealized due to my purchase of
FLASH.  Oh the humanity....
	Actually, let's just say that FLASH is a <ahem> "fun" album in a
Spinal Tap-ish sort of way.  Alice Cooper is a riot as Flash, and of
course, Keith Moon is splendid as "Long John Silver" (I think the only
thing he does is scream in the background during "Space Pirates").  And
of course, Entwistle, who proudly plays bass on EVERY track, does the
vocals on "To the Chop" -- perhaps the apex of his solo work.  And of
course, the "lyrics":

	"I'm done screwin/ I've spent my load..." (from "To the Chop"... I'll
let you read the FLASH comic book to discover what is being "chopped."
Hint:  Lorena Bobbit was heard humming "To The Chop" the day before
cutting off her hubby's <Mr. Spock>.)

	"Out of the blue/Came a Kill-crazy crew/Whose motto was 'Stomp on the
weak'..."  (From "Space Pirates")

	Lyrics don't get any more "special" than that, Dave, and if this note
doesn't entice you into buying FLASH, nothing will, I'm sure.  I'll let
you and Greg Biggs, who doubtless read your note and wouldn't want to
pass up aan opportunity to satisfy another customer, sort out the
details....
	Every good wish--Tom Farrell