Re: Favorite songs as a kid

Great thread!  Of course, I probably still AM a kid....

My mother had me listening to Barry Manilow, John Denver and Air Supply
(shudder) at a young age, but the first song that I clearly remember
thinking, "wow, this song is so amazing" was "Scenes From An Italian
Restaurant" by Billy Joel.  I was six years old and used to sit on my bed
and play my pillow like it was a piano.  I also had this obsession with
Neil Diamond's "The Jazz Singer" (I think that when I was five, i saw it
way too many times), but that's another story.....

13 years later, I have had so many piano lessons, I can play almost any
Billy Joel song- but NOT that fast part from "Scenes..."

Jay

              Jason Hare  <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
      		   "Time is fleeting" RHPS
        "Got such a feeling as the sun goes down..." -- Queen
          Copywight 1996 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved.