Re: favorite songs as a kid

}
}What WAS that first song that got you thinking about music or that you
}first really noticed?  I think we all have one that we can say was the
}first music that really caught our attention when we were real young.
}

(Cool thread, Kevin.)

Well, barring stuff like "Old MacDonald", etc., which one is born knowing,
the earliest "real" song I remember making a fuss over was "Colonel Bogie
March", which my brother and I called "Dee-Dee" (you know, "Dee-dee, dee-
dee-dee dee! dee! deeeeeee..."), which we would run to the radio to "sing"
along with whenever it was played.  (We weren't particularly old then, by
the way.)

For rock-and-roll, it was definitely "She Loves You" by the Beatles.  (Not
all that old then, either, but not after the fact, either either).

"Wooooooooooo!"