Re: favorite songs as a kid

I think I have confided to the list before that my first record was "Snoopy
and the Red Baron" by The Royal Guardsmen.  I was 10 years old.  I even
worked out a dance I would perform to it while standing on the jungle gym
in the back yard (is this more information than you needed? :-)  It's clear
to me now that it contains the three-chord basics that still grab me by the
heart and that Pete elevated to an art form.

I recognized the Beatles' artistry, but at the time (age 10-13) I preferred
The Monkees; they were funny, plus had currents of anarchy, disillusion,
and love in their lyrics (I know...the Beatles fit that description too...I
think it had something to do with the Monkees being American...their humor
seemed to appeal to me more, much as I enjoyed the Beatles' humor).

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend