Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 44 responses

> From: "Eddie W. Presley Jr." <epresley@iu.net>
> Subject: Re: The Who vs The Rest
> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 10:23:35 -0500

> 	The Who were very against, (for the most part), this hippy dippy lay =
> back and groove on the funky jams man...stuff and came at music from =
> more of a working mans ethic. Note Pete's work outfits during Tommy and =
> their later change to regular street clothes on the stage.

I think I remember reading that the boiler suit was Pete's
_don't_-go-with-flow statement against the elaborate hippie outfits of
bands and audiences at the time.  Of course, in their early career the
band went with snappy suits and later, elaborate frills etc. as a
means of defining their identity and standing out.

> for most of my life, Zep sold more hands down, but the most literate and =
> fanatic fans belong to the Who!

I've noticed this too, if I say so myself...reminds me of a reference
to Pete as "rock's thinking man and the thinking man's rocker" or
something along those lines (incl. women, of course).

> From: ATTC20C@prodigy.com (MS L V FONG)
> Subject: bootleg cds in Manhattan
>
> I know this info has been pursued before, but there's a great bootleg
> cd shop in NYC called
> "Generations" in the East Village located at 315 (I think) Thompson
> street.

I'm pretty sure it's not that exact number, but close enough.  I also
want to reiterate that it's pretty indiscreet to advertise such a
location on what is, after all, an international publicly-available
mailing list, if you want to be able to continue to enjoy its
offerings.  Try private e-mail.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I*
*do* *my* *job*."     -- Pete Townshend