Re: Pete`s hearing

>had always assumed Pete had lightened his studio guitar sound (at least)
>from the mid-70`s on due to hearing concerns, but perhaps the decision was

The first time I heard about Pete's hearing complaints was in 1978, before
WAY came out. He told all about how he started playing jazzy to save his
hearing -- and you hear that all over WAY. (He tells about it in TKAA, too.)
Maybe in light of that, WAY is the first album where I notice this more
deliberately restrained sound. He seemed to start using the Mesa Boogie amp
for WAY. The guitar sounds compressed and has a [processed?] sound I
associate with those amps.