Re[2]: The Whe hates LZ

Mark,

>The Neil Young influence I'm still trying to sort out...

Me too...maybe it's his flannel shirt and workboot look.

>So I would say that, if you're going by the fact that PJ songs have a lot of
>lead, then I guess there was some LZ influence. But the songs as a whole
>show Who influence...just think QUAD.

I can, sort of, see the LZ side to PJ. I agree with your statement, the song
structure and lyrical content are definite indicators of WHO / Townshend
influence.
>From an article I've read with Eddie Vedder, he stated that TOMMY was also an
influence on his song writing. He went as far as saying that three songs, one
each from three different albums (can't remember which three at the moment,
sorry) formed a sort of mini-rock opera. I do believe that JEREMY was one of the
three.

>Herman's Hermits: Mrs. Brown etc./I'm Henry The Eighth, I Am

Goof on me all you want, but "I'M HENRY THE EIGHTH, I AM" was one of the first
songs I ever sang as a kid. And, don't laugh, I even went out and bought the
Greatest Hits album. BTW, one of my other favorite songs as a kid was DOORS
"LIGHT MY FIRE" (There is hope <g>)
Subject: Re: The Whe hates LZ
Author:  mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
 Sun Dec  7 13:19:36 PST 1997