Re: Re[2]: Who By Numbers

Jim, re:

>          New Who material is simply not a part of
>          Pete's life. I just don't think he can write Who material
>          anymore. He tried in 81 and 82 and it made little impact on
>          the fans.

I disagree with what you're saying here... Most of the material on "Empty
Glass" and some of the material on "Chinese Eyes" ("The Sea Refuses No
River", "Uniforms", "Communication" & "Slit Skirts") would have made great
Who songs... Personally, I think "It's Hard" is a great album. Had "Face
Dances" been produced differently and with more guitar and drums, it would
have been much better than it is now...

Post '82, "White City" (with a few extra songs) would have made a decent Who
album...
and, I contend that "Psychoderelict" would have made a phenomenal Who
album... I'm not so sure what the "full" "Iron Man" would have made...

Pete can and does still write "Who songs". However, for his own personal
sanity, I believe he chooses not to...

-wf