Re: Leeds vs ???

>>BTW, as great as Live At Leeds is, the boots of that period are even
>better!
>
>hMMM... I must be missing something here... Can you site some examples???

Well personally I've never been the one to gush about how exquisite Pure Rock
Theatre is, but that's certainly a very obvious piece from that period.  Some
of the tracks off this one have been touted as "best version ever" here on
the list.  While I would never downplay Leeds, the band had been touring
pretty extensively and consistantly for almost 9 months by the time that
album was recorded.  Touring does take a lot out of a band and I'm sure there
were many highlights earlier on in that particular tour.