'87 Entwistle blood drive

<The concert was decent, except for some reason, John's mike was turned down a
bit low... Fortunately, I had the tape equipment recording the show off the
air, while I was at there. You can hear me screaming "Heaven & Hell" right
before they played "Bargain"... (glad I don't have to do 'that' anymore...)

<Did you see him at the Stone Pony the following week?

<wf

        They played the entire original Live at Leeds set, Boris, My Wife,
in fact they did a lot of songs, didn't they.  Do you remember the other
ones?  I also remember that they avoided songs off of Entwistle's solo
albums.  I was hoping for "My Size," oh well.
        At that time I didn't drive, and I didn't know anybody who was
going, so I had no way of getting to Jersey to see the Stone Pony show.
Were you there?  How was it?

<I didn't think it was possible, but my respect for JAE has just shot up anpther
few notches.  In 1987, that band was in rather dire financial straights at that
time and the fact that he would nevertheless do a benefit show for the Red Cross
speaks for his commitment to his fellow man and more specifically to his fans.
And what a great idea to get blood donors!  Even a squeamish old bastard like me
would be enthusiastically presenting his bracheal fossa for venupuncture at the
promise of Entwiste tickets!

<J.

        Before the band got started, Entwistle said something like, "Thanks
for giving up all that red stuff."  I think the people who went were in a
special mood, because they were excited about seeing you know who, and
also, to be totally corney, they felt good about doing such a charitable
act (for a great ticket.)
        I am guessing that you are in the medical profession.

                                                                Tx,
                                                                Stacey