Re: Who? vs. Zep

>all this Zep vs. who stuff reminds me of the REAL rivalry at the beginning of
>Zep's career, Zep vs. Jeff Beck Group!

the usually quiet GaryM, as opposed to the more vocal gary m):

I've always thought that Beck's music was a bit more pure than Zep's (after
the first album, anyway). That was back when Rod was good. Have you heard
him with The Ansley Dunbar Retaliation doing Stone Cold Crazy (with the
fabulous Peter Green on lead guitar)? It's from `67, and the first five
notes of Since I've Been Loving You are played there...three years before it
was recorded.
Gee, I wish Green had done more. That's a great loss to music...
Anyway, I remember hearing Beck Bogart and Appice, and thinking that Zep was
in trouble.

                   Cheers                      ML