The Who and Punk Rock

           It has long been my belief that " My Generation" is the first
Punk Rock song ever recorded.  The spirit of Punk was defined by Pete
both in the lyrics and the raw violence of that song.  One of Pete's
greatest talents is his ability to be a visionary.  I think of Pete
much in the same way I think about Robert Johnson.  Robert Johnson
laid down many of the rules for what was to become Rock & Roll some
20+ years before the days of Chuck Berry and Little Richard.  Pete
had the same type of influence 12 years before the Sex Pistols came
along.  I have heard Lou Reed be refered to as "The Godfather of
Punk".  In my mind Pete definately invented Punk and Lou Reed is at
best a pretender to the throne.
                                                    Brad