Re: The Who Vs The Rest

I usually lurk in the background here, but thought that I
would put in my two cents on this subject.

>Also, please refrain from saying that the Who's influence
>can be seen in Green Day.

Well...virtually every interview I've read about Punk musicians always seem
to have at least one reference to the WHO / Townshend. The Ramones, Sex
Pistols and the Clash of the late 70's to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Green Day and
Offspring today are all either directly influenced by or are compared to
the WHO. The WHO, in my opinion, really laid down the foundation that Punk
was later built on.

Don