Re: Entwistle in IndySun Dec 7 13:19:36 PST 1997

On Thu, 8 Feb 1996 17:02:20 GMT, somebody wrote:{from alt.music.who]
FYI_ i didnt write this!!!!}

>Caught John Entwistle in Indianapolis last night. I can honestly say that
>in over 20 years of concert going I have never seen or heard anything so
>pathetic. Worst sounding show I've ever been to, John cussed out the
>soundman from the stage several times. Chants of "kill the monitor man"
>sprung up from time to time. John looked really drunk, and the band
>couldn't play their ways out of a paper bag. 4 "musicians" not paying a
>bit of attention to each other, just trying to play as many notes as
>possible. It was like watching Spinal Tap, only it was real!!!

>Don't waste your time, money, or ears on this washed-up sack of shit...

The playwright Noel Coward heard that a rather obtruse acquaintance had "blown his brains out."
"He must have been a marvelously good shot," Coward remarked.