Re: Under Twenty One

On Thu, 8 Feb 1996, Shanon Dell wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 1996, Michael D. Mullins wrote:
>
> >    I really have no desire to get into the fake I.D. thing; I mean, I'd love to
> > see John, but I don't think I'm prepared to break the law to do it.  Besides,
> > the show was on a very inconvenent week night, and would have invovlved some
> > driving.  Now, I wouldn't have minded this at all if it had been a sure thing
> > that I would get in (I skipped an entire day of classes to go see Sonic Youth
> > in Chicago last semester), but to go to all that trouble for a show that I don't
> > even know if I'll get into....
> >

> >                                                         M.M.
> >                                                      "Legal Boy"
> >

> 	I feel exactly the same way.  This show would involve me driving
> 830 miles.  I don't want to go all that way and not get in because I
> happened upon a bouncer with a good eye.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Shanon Dell                     |
> Radio/Television Department     |
> University of Montana           |
> tommy@selway.umt.edu            |

I share both your feelings.  I am twenty.  Had tickets before I thought
of the 21 and up thing.  I even tried to call John Entwistle in St Louis
tonight, but the club manager wouldn't let me speak to anyone, not that
they would have made an exception anyways.  I did get to hear some
drumming in the phone as the band set up.  Excitement.  But no show.

sad,

eric