Damn Polydor

Concerning the delayed IOW release, it once again falls on Polydor.
Apparently they originally passed up on doing the IOW CD because to them it
was too similar to LAL.  Then when Castle (who has the IOW rights and
apparently the Who in agreement) decided they would go ahead with the full
set disc Polydor has second thoughts.  They now want a piece of the action
and have stopped Castle in it's tracks with a lawsuit (as you know Polydor
controls the Who's catalog outside of the US).  I believe Castle should
fight this tooth and nail but I fear either Polydor puts it out minus a few
tracks as well as raising the price, or IOW will remain nonexistent.  Maybe
Shel Talmy isn't at fault afterall since Polydor is the stumbling block for
My Generation.

BTW I hear the new UK Tommy disc comes out Feb 27.  We'll have to wait a
couple of weeks.

"I'm pissed off, I'm pissed off all the time" ---Ray Rhodes