Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 37

>BTW, heath,m enjoyed your who v. zep dialogue on AMW- i do have to question
>your statement   that the who's and zep's sales figures are comparable- i
>think (and always thought) that zep sold more simply because zep released
>music in a more market oriented approach;
>the actual number of original titles are close, but the who's catalogue has
>been deadened by GH, comps, etc. anyone know for sure what he figures are
>for both?

Thank you... And you may be right about the Zeppelin vs Who sales... But,
the Who have had more albums make the charts than Zeppelin.  I don't think
many of Zep's did right out of the gate... And I checked Billboard today...
The Who have more albums on the catalogue chart than Zeppelin.  However The
Beatles have the most as *every* Beatles album from Help to Abbey Road is on
the chart (and the Red and Blue collections)... WOWZA!

>and fang, i was surprised to read that WBN is among your least played- i
>just got my first copy ever this year, and i completely dig it! much more so
>than WAY, TWSMG, and
>AQO. but just an observation....

I like "By Numbers" myself... I think, though, that I listen to the *new*
Quick One a bit more...

Heath