No Subject

Don`t know if these questions were asked on the list before, but can someone
explain why the second, live half of A Quick One on the 30 year box set is
clearly different from the same song on The Kids Are Alright soundtrack
album, notwithstanding that the booklet for the box se (some of the best
writing on The Who ever done, by the way) states that said live second half
is taken from the Rock and Roll Circus. Could two versions of A Quick One
have been recorded at the Rock and Roll Circus, eg. because of a sound
check? Second, on the box set, the intro to the live See Me, Feel Me
(indicated to be from the Leeds show, but not included on the expanded Leeds
album), sounds edited onto the track. I`m sure I can hear piano in it and it
sounds too clean and sonorous. To me, it sounds (I mean the vocal intro, and
accompanying instrumentation) to be from the original studio Tommy.
Appreciate any thoughts which shed light on these matters. Frankly, I don`t
mind the band doing these things, but they should tell us of the changes.
Same applies to JAE`s addition of a missed vocal line to a chorus on Heaven
and Hell on the expanded Leeds. Well, John did tell us about that one - in
an interview on the Net - but one wishes that these details were duly noted
on the album, so posterity could have all the facts...