Re: Thoughts on The Rock

Mason, re:

>>> First - I knew John didn't sing, but I didn't know he only wrote 4 songs
on the disc as well.  Sort of makes you wonder if it really is an Entwhistle
album.

     Really, it's all in the definition of the term, "Entwistle album".

solos released by any of the band members, including Pete...)

     I don't know if I would put John's solo work past Pete's -- comparing
the 2 is like apples and oranges, and I like both apples AND oranges....
it is certainly subjective.  I agree with you that John's first 3 solo
records are among the best solo releases from the Who.... I absolutely
love "Whistle Rymes" (sp?), and I cannot wait for that to be released on cd.
Of course, I will end up getting the whole collection if they are all
released on disc (WF pointed out an alternate version of one of the songs
on "Smash Your Head...." was released on the English version, vs the US
release.... that would make a great "extra track", although I think I
remember he ALSO said they were not considering extra tracks....perhaps we
can apply a little pressure as the radical Who fans that we are.... you
know, give us a little "extra" for our fanaticism..... )
     Either way, I want to see all John's work released, NOT just a
compilation.  (The tourbook indicates a compilation AND the individual lp's
will be released, so I am waiting.....)

                gary m.