Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #643

> From: Eric Stanley <otter@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
> Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 22:07:15 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Replying to Messages
>
> Is there a way, or could we all take a vote, that if someone would
> to do that then we could remove them from the list, until they learn
> better?

Our list-owner, Paul Moriarty, can remove someone/anyone if necessary.
I fully sympathize with you about requoted digests, but I don't recall
a case where this was done out of malice.  Usually a private e-mail or
two cures the problem.

> From: salamander@MADNET.COM
> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 14:38:48 -0500
> Subject: Re: "Tommy" on Encore
>
> Did you ever see the faces of the children they get so excited/waking up
> on Christmas morning hours before the winter sun's ignited..

Hearing this at the age of 14, being young enough to remember my own
Christmas anticipation, I've always thought this was one of Pete's
most poignant lines.  For some reason, Roger's high note on "ig" in
the second verse always went straight to my heart, too, after it's set
up by the lower note in the first verse.

I was wondering, does everyone think that the chorus "ha ha ha ha ..."
is the adults or Pete or us-the-audience laughing at the children for
their misplaced belief in...Santa Claus?  Christianity?  God?  Or, it
just struck me, is it simply the children themselves laughing while
they play and open presents?

Happy holidays to all.

- --
Alan McKendree        amck@eden.com        512-478-9900 x206
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701