re: standing

> From: Ray Walton <100271.1560@CompuServe.COM>
> Date: 17 Dec 96 15:41:52 EST
>
> Hi Yellow
>
> >>  "If there are seats ikn the front, SIT IN THEM! Stand
> up to clap, but keep yer butt down for the show!" Come on everyone,
> we're Who fans, we KNOW that people can die at concerts...but these days
> that's more likely to happen inside by the stage than outside by the
> doors... <<
>
> Well said Yellow.  I was beginning to despair that the world was full of
> illogical idiots by the response this subject got.  If the message can get
> through to at least one person it has achieved some progress towards sanity.
> BTW loved your survey re the Who albums etc, sorry I didn't manage to get time
> to vote.

As much as it may seem a nusiance that someone is standing at a concert
because your ticket entitles you to rent a seat for the show, I think
that concert standing is not "insane", it's music. You dance and groove
to it. It's supposed to be fun. Can there be a number of people who can
get in the way ? Yes. But it's not insanity. You're not at a movie.
You are at a rock concert. People arent standing to intentionaly bother
you, they are stading to rock to the sound.

But, like I said in a different post, people should be more considerant
of the large number of sitters. But, when a very popular song comes on
it's a reaction to stand. It usually spreads.

I don't see what's insane though. Or illogiacal. It's not logical
to move to the sound ?

God, some of you mods are - uptight. ;)