Re: Sitting vs. Standing

Can't say I've ever been lucky to be in the front standing section at a
Who concert, but I HAVE been in said area at other shbows, so I feel
that gives me the right to make everyone else read my thoughts on the
subject. :) Standing in the front is, as mentioned earlier, fine and
good if you're tall and near the stage, but for people shorter/farther
back, it's a pain. Plus, it can be dangerous for everyone involved. I've
stood in the very front before, and found myself constantly being
smashed against the barrier, not to mention the four (count 'em, four)
large, crowd surfing, frat-boy types who ended up landing on my neck and
shoulders. Wasn't particularly fun, let me tell you. Granted, there
isn't a lot of crowd surfing going on at Who concerts, but the principle
is the same. People get shoved and squished. So I personally would be
inclined to say, "If there are seats ikn the front, SIT IN THEM! Stand
up to clap, but keep yer butt down for the show!" Come on everyone,
we're Who fans, we KNOW that people can die at concerts...but these days
that's more likely to happen inside by the stage than outside by the
doors...

                                         -Yellow Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com