Yellow's Who Project

I presented my project today, and if I may be so bold as to toot my own
horn, it went over pretty well. Due to timing concerns there was a
slight change of material from the list which I posted earlier; I ended
up playing a video clip of "My Generation" and then "Won't Get Fooled
Again" (both from the end of TKAA). Tomorrow when we're doing our
reading I'll play "AQO" from LAL and "I'm One" from the MSG radio
broadcast. I was a bit flustered during the speaking part of the
presentation, but I don't think anyone else noticed (although my ears,
cheeks, and neck felt very warm!). I didn't have time to go into too
much detail, but I managed to say a few words about the span of the
Who's recording career, the various reunions after the formal break-up,
their preformance (and confrontation with Jimi Hendrix) at the Monterey
Pop Fest, and the death of Keith Moon. The questions from my classmates
were fairly predictable (that is, they wanted to know about equipment
getting smashed up), although one girl was curious about why she'd seen
Roger on TV with an eyepatch. She had thought it was some sort of Who
stage gimick. :) Everyone in the class was very well behaved during the
whole thing, and there were only two comments about Pete's nose. I was
quite proud, although I did feel obligated to make some sort of retort
when Jeff (my teacher) asked me to make some sort of closing remark.
"I'd just like to say, don't laugh at Pete because his nose is big,
because the true measure of a man is not the size of his nose." (Jeff
liked that; he has a big nose himself.) As I took my seat, one girl
said, "You know, that could be taken several ways." "Well, yes," I
agreed, "But I'm sure they all apply." This was met with an assortment
of giggles, groans, and cringes, but I was happy (and so was Jeff).

                                          -Yellow Ledbetter

ps...after class the girl with the locker two down from mine actually
thanked me for doing the Who! (Turns out her dad is a fan) Pretty cool,
eh?
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com