PT on Joe Walsh

Hi listers,

Got the new Joe Walsh Anthology CD today, and after listening to once I'm
amazed at the Who influences, specifically on the early recordings. Joe
really rocked in the James Gang and Barnstorm days. Did he ever record/play
on any Who material?
I think he would have been an excellent lead (electric) guitarist on the the
Quad tour.

Inside the CD, there's a liner note from Pete Towshend, on Joe Walsh.
I thought you all may find it of interest...
- -----------------------------------------
"Joe Walsh. I've got a bunch of cassettes made on the road when Joe used to
hook up and hang out in hotel rooms after shows. He was a reader too. Sharing
books and ideas. Like all of us he seemed to be obsessive about everything.
Relationships, family, booze, dope, moving, the spiritual life---everything.
Those tapes couldn't be bootlegged, they are reflections of a kind of lunacy
that is only permissable when we are young, and in a hotel room in a strange
town in the early hours. Nowhere to go, nothing to do. In the early hours, in
any town, you can buy drugs. Even when you can't buy booze you can buy drugs.
When you can't buy drugs, you can play music. That's what we did. Like
Edwardians or Victorians we entertained each other with our latest songs. Or
extemporized ideas. Musical brainstorms. Sometimes we knew the music was
good, but the company was always fine. We shared records too. Turned each
other on to new sounds. Joe is an original, And a friend. Last time we hung
out (before the Tommy Broadway opening) we did the bar of the Royalton in New
York, we could have had anything we wanted in the way of booze, drugs, or
musical entertainment, but we made are own pleasure. Played my guitar one
after the other, and got very, very drunk. I worried about Joe being drunk.
He worried about me being drunk. When we both grow up we will worry more
about ourselves, less about each other. Love you Joe."

- ---Pete Townshend
Regards,
Franko
from Chicago