Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #624

O.K. I was wondering if any of you here could help me out. I have seen some
talk of guitars here and a few of you seemed quite knowledgeable.

My son is 10 years old and has shown interest in playing the guitar since
probably the beginning of this year. So much interest that a guitar is the
first thing on his Christmas list. I would be more than happy to accomidate
him except for the fact that I have never picked up a guitar and don't know
a damn thing about them.

He was all pumped about an electric guitar for most of the year until about
October when I took him along to see the Quad show here in Phoenix and now
he has shown interest in an acoustic. I understand his interest in the
acoustic has a lot to to with him seeing Pete Townshend play one during his
first and only concert that he has ever seen.

I just want to get him what ever would work best for him, plus I don't want
to spend more than 300 or 400 dollars.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions that any of you may have.

Thanks
Vince Favia