Who, and somewhat lengthy Sex Pistols "review"

I've already got some ins on upgrading my seat(s) in PDX.  I s'pose this
will go on for awhile, so that's good news in the Who dept.  I also read the
History of Marshall or somesuch book this weekend.  The Who were PROMINENTLY
featured, though their Marshall period ended in about '69 with the
'iwatts comin' in to their own...

What follows is a long tirade about things in general and a review of the two
back-to-back Pistols shows I saw.  Flames ignored, praise gleefully accepted.

Anyone who didn't see the Pistols: You were so f@#$in' stupid for forgoing
the greatest f@#$in' show
for a mere $40.  O.K. what you did or didn't fail to do aside I had the
BEST f@#$in' seat in the
f@#$in' house.  And I saw them the next night at the Bumbershoot in
Seattle.  Extremely solid, entertaining comments, all musicians in
superbly fine form.  I thought Jones coulda done a bit more in the solo
dept. in Portland, but in Seattle it was just about right.
It reminds me why I'm into rock in the first place.
I heard that the Oregonian dissed the show.  It sounded exactly like the
live CD, which f@#$in' rocks. I haven't read the review,
but if that was f@#$in' Marty Hughley doin' the review, tell him to
f@#$in' go back to the briar patch he was spawned in.  I did enjoy
forcibly removing any 15 year old dweeb obstructions to my view in
Portland.  But the idiot factor in Seattle was high...... Several rows of
seats were relieved of their resting places in Portland.... Hmmm, I guess
the Pistols won't be invited back.  Oh, darn!

Otis and I saw the show in PDX, then I went up to Seattle to see the band.
I've never seen so many goatee sportin' yogurt lapping, earring wearing,
tatoo gettin', head shavin', heroin usin', speed cookin' THIRD RATE stupid
grunge avowin' posers in
all my miserable long 35 years on earth. They all suck and should die a
slow miserable death (or as Lydon put it, their worst punishment is that
they'll have to live another forty odd years!!).

The Pistols rocked supreme.  Two minutes, thirty seconds a song, loud guitar,
bass drums, 10 second guitar solos, no drum solos, get it over with in an
hour.  The mix in Portland was superb, and marginal in Seattle.  I guess
the guy didn't really understand that if you s@#$ 30 kW of power to
overamplify the bass (kick) drum, there won't be enough for the guitar,
hence the "vibrato" sound of the guitar, fading at each kick of the bass
drum.  I wonder who he sold coke to to get that job!  (this was a problem
in Seattle only- the Portland show had an excellent damn mix.).

The rest of the evenings were spent in drunken excess, cramming ourselves
into many sweaty clubs/bars across the northwest, NEVER paying to get in (A $40
Value!), courtesy of Otis' decades of schmoozing between Seattle and PDX.

.. and if I have to see another nylon shirt wearin' white cakeup sportin'
backpack purse wearin' Seattle slunt I'll do to them what Otis has done to
numerous Seattle guys' girlfriends.  I'll leave to your imagination what that might be, but some guy named Pete might be able to "fill you in" on what it's like to be on the receiving end.  'course, Otis got married a few weeks ago,
so I think he's been made an honest man out of..

Now, how did a guy get a name like Otis P. Otis?  I wouldn't be surprised if
some of our Seattle devotees know him.  He got that nickname from a family
member, but I saw a latter Emanuelle flick, and the guy who has the superbra
who is looking for a woman to fit it is called Otis P. Otis.  Now, what are
the chances?
Jeff