Who Post-er Extraordinaire

Have been listening to the Shout from Pete's 5/4/96 Supper Club appearance at
least forty times in the span of less than a week.  Though lyrically light in
quantity and quality, this song delivers the pain and emotion only equaled by
the pain and emotion I have from reading some of the drivel on this list.  Pete
so often can do that to me (and probably you too, as well) where he writes a
fabulous song that could have been touched-up to be better.  Maybe that's why it
was on Another Scoop...because it really wasn't finished.  In my best Baba
Booey...I DON'T KNOW.

I need to hear this for myself so forgive the potential stupidity of this
question.  Since TED is touring, does that include Pete Townshend or does the
"T" in TED now stand for Simon Townshend?

Who is the guy with all the politically correct laughter on the Supper Club
tape?  That can't be you Mason, is it? When Pete is chatting on stage, this guy
laughs perfectly for a long time, not to loud, not too soft.  Sounds like he is
laughing in a corporate boardroom where the laughter lacks any personality or
character and is exactly repetitive.   Sounded like hyeh, hyeh, hyeh, hyeh, hyeh
in a very conversational tone. Douce chills abound.

Another highlight for me on the Supper Club tape is Pete thanking New York for
letting him work, at the end of English Boy.  Believe me, Pete, your welcome.

So, what does Pete do at Faber & Faber.  I know F & F is a publishing company
but is Pete reading stories or does he meet with up and coming writers to give
them direction?  Anybody know what his role is there?  Anybody ever meet him at
the front door as he arrives for work or in the parking garage?

Larry