Quad/TKAA

Stoo wrote:
>As far as missing Quad footage - it must have been elswhere.
>If so, what-oh-what is it?

Missed the beginning of this thread but if you're talking about the Quad film
I've heard rumours that some cuts were made in subsequent video releases
including the scene where Jimmy is watching Ready Steady Go.  Maybe this is due
to some copyright thing with Dave Clarke.  Maybe it isn't even true at all as
all versions I've seen have had this scene.

re TKAA:
>   What I find even more intriguing is the amount of songs
>and guests in the final credits that were "supposed" to be in
>the film.
That one stumped me too for a while until I noticed a couple of them appear VERY
briefly in still shots.  So maybe they ARE all there.  Seems odd though to
credit someone for a one second appearance in a still shot...

Speaking of TKAA I got a copy of the theatrical trailer for it the other day on
16mm.  Wasn't as good as I had hoped for: it was basically just some clips from
the film mixed with comments from Ringo - "with thousands of guitars smashed..."
"million dollars of hotel damages" etc.  Ending was absolutely bitchin' however
with the final synth break from WGFA going through to Roger's scream, Pete's
cross stage leap.  I cranked the volume at that point to 11....

Regards,
Denis.