Townshend & Raphael Rudd sessions

Hi,
My friend Raphael Rudd is about to release some recordings he did with P
Townshend & Phil Collins which I thought would be of interest to "Who
Digest" members. Thanks, Joe Goldberger

TOWNSHEND PROTEGE TO MAKE U.S. CD DEBUT.
Raphael Rudd, Who at 21 was asked by Pete Townshend to arrange and conduct
the London Philharmonic Orchestra for the soundtrack to "Quadrophenia," and
later arranged the single "Rough Boys" from Townshends "Empty Glass"
album, will release his debut U.S. CD on the indie label, WEDGE MUSIC, late
this summer.  Raphael Rudd's double CD, "The Awakening Chronicles," begins
with the sessions recorded at Eel Pie Studios with Townshend, Phil Collins,
and Annie Haslam when Rudd first met the Who member in 1977. The second CD,
"The Skydancer Sessions," was completed in Los Angeles in 1991. Townshend
says he regarded himself as Rudd's "musical mentor" when he asked him to
orchestrate the final scene of "Quadrophenia," but today, they inspire each
other on a more equal footing. Townshend says he is "greatly influenced" by
Rudd's piano style. See photos of the Townshend/Collins/Haslam/Rudd
sessions at Raphael Rudd's web site at:
http://www.arts-online.com/music/969/rudd.htm
For more information on the Raphael Rudd CD, contact Rob Findlay at: WEDGE
RECORDS
130 West 57th St.
Suite 12-E
New York, NY 10019